Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The Mechanical Town Hall: Featuring the "Fab Five"
Monday, January 28, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM (CST)
Five well-known industry experts will be discussing
Business Diversification and the Key to Success in Today's Economy at the AHR EXPO!!
Topics & Technologies covered will be:
1. High Energy Efficient Products
4. Embracing New Technologies (Tools, Boiler Controls, Pipe Joining, etc.)
5. Selling & Profitability in today’s market!
The Fab Five Panelists all have experience with each of these topics. This will be a lively audience interaction event covering issues contractors face every day.
• Dave Yates — A well-known plumbing, heating and solar contractor, Yates is president of F.W. Behler in York, Pa., and he is a monthly columnist for CONTRACTOR magazine. His expertise includes solar, plumbing, heat load calculation data, boiler and water heater installation, energy efficiency and conservation, etc. He enjoys engaging the audience on what they need to be doing to enhance their business portfolio and bringing in more business. Dave is a member of the RPA & Radiant Hydronics Council.
• Dan Foley — Owner of Foley Mechanical, Foley's business has thrived in the DC, Virginia area. He specializes in mechanical rooms (heating, cooling, hydronic, solar, controls, etc.) for large luxury homes. Recession? For Dan, his business has actually grown! How? He lends his secrets to the audience. Dan also is a monthly columnist for Phc News magazine. Has been involved in the plumbing & heating industry for years and his voice is instrumental to the future of the industry. Chairman of the Radiant Hydronics Council.
• John Barba — Director of training and education for Taco, Inc. in Cranston, R.I. This American-made pump manufacturer is adamant about contractor training and influencing young people to enter the trades. John's wit and humor are a great mix for the panel. This 2012 Carlson-Holohan award winner is one of the leading proponents on hydronics and heating training.
• Bob "Hot Rod" Rohr — Known to his peers and followers in the industry as Hot Rod, Rohr has a unique presentation on solar, sustainable products/projects and "green" & energy efficient technology (solar domestic hot water, solar storage, hydronics, biomass, wood-burning and pellet boilers, efficient boilers, etc.) Having been a plumbing and hydronic contractor for nearly 25 years, Hot Rod is now the educational & training manager for Caleffi, North America in Milwaukee, WI. Caleffi specializes in solar and hydronic components. His frequent "Coffee with Caleffi" seminars are well received.
• Eric Aune — A plumbing, hydronic and solar contractor (Aune Plumbing LLC), this small contracting company from the Minneapolis area knows full well how to deal with the current economic situation. Diversification has to be on his plumber's license. He dabbles in solar, hydronics, plumbing, boiler and tankless installations, and other high-efficiency products to remain competitive as a small shop. He is a UA instructor at the local 15 plumber's apprenticeship program and a Taco Trade Council member.
To a contractor, the Fab Five will convey to the audience the importance of being a salesman first and foremost in this particularly tough marketplace. Each will lend their stories, experiences and expertise to the room. These speakers have been together on numerous panels in the past and they have a unique comfort sharing the spotlight and stories with each other, and to the audience.
This exclusive event will be moderated by the well known industry duo of Mader & Mesenbrink. Bob Mader is the Editorial Director for CONTRACTOR, Radiant Living, and Green Mechanical Contractor magazines and websites. Bob is an industry veteran with a reputation for knowing the industry and asking the tough questions. John Mesenbrink is the Editor-at-Large for CONTRACTOR Magazine and Penton Media’s Mechanical Systems Group. John is also knowledgeable and well known in the industry for bringing people together and moving the industry forward. John has been in the building, mechanical and plumbing industry as an editor for more than 15 years, most recently as chief editor of two monthly plumbing and heating pubs before joining CONTRACTOR and Penton Media.
This is a FREE limited seating event for professional industry contractors. 175 seats available! sign up today!!